Monday, March 2, 2009

The Big Event. Delivery of the new car!

Heres a quick recap of the big event. The day I took delivery of the car.



Popped over at KS Auto, KL just after lunch Friday noon. Its the big blue building at the corner of Chan Sow Lin, same row as Swedish Marque, the Volvo Distributor, and right behind Brookland Motors, the local Citreon distributor.


KS used to be a tiny little workshop servicing Peugeots and other Continental cars but the years of hard work have paid off and they are now a full 3S ccenter and a authorised Peugeot dealer.



Upon arrival, I noticed a car with a silky blue cover draped over it. "This must be the one" I thought. The level of excitement was building up.



Ahmad, the SA who serviced me, was waiting to greet me at the door. He is an ok guy, very chatty and helpful. Turns out he is also from my home town of Teluk Intan, Perak and to cap it all off he is also a Tiger, we were both born the same year.



At the appointed time, I was given the green light to pull off the cover. Heart pounding, I took a firm grip of the cover and gave a hard tug...which was unecessary as it simply glided down the freshly waxed body.



Hello Black Beauty!


It really was an awesome sight, all gleaming and polished in the afternoon sun. Visually, black in a stunning colour although very hard to upkeep as I was soon to find out.




Ismik, the Center Manager was there to go thru the basic training and introduction to the car. He is probably the most knowledgeble person on the vehicles that I have met so far. And trust me, I have visited a lot of Naza outlets before I decided to buy from him. If theres something that he does not know, he will find out the answers there and then. A true professional.


In general, he is a straight talking guy and will do his best to make good on ones request at the promised hour.



Going thru the basics. I had many many questions that day..




Signing off the formal paperwork and receiving the service manual and schedule. Ismik also had some nice parting gifts for me. A couple of handshakes later, I was ready to make my move.




Time to rock and roll!!


Unfortunately, I dont have nay pictures of me driving out of the showroom and the subsequent joyride but I do have a shot of the car as we returned home....





Safe and sound....

Thanks for reading folks!

3 comments:

  1. does ks always deliver their cars with the car cover? i think this is good as it builds up the owner's anticipation for the car and also protects it from fingerprints before the unveiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how is your car maintenance fee? can get any outsiside workshop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I visited the center, not very impressive with the sales person, when can delivery the car also not sure, he need to call another person..I tested drive the car, very impressive, solid, i would said, but when looking at service center, not very comfortable, when I was there, there is one 206, due to some mis-manage, the whole car cannot function, there are too many sensor every where, and too sensitive..the warranty only 3 years, after then what happen, will it be a big hole in pocket to maintain the car?

    ReplyDelete